Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can enjoy this healthy and delicious dessert any time of day. A twist on the traditional carrot cake, this recipe produces a moist and flavorful bar-type cake with a delectable apple pecan topping.
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 golden delicious apple, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a _x_ inch pan.
- Mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the shredded carrot, applesauce, yogurt, egg, and vanilla together.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the second bowl. Add in the golden raisins.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Put the apple slices into a bowl and add in the maple syrup, lemon juice, and yogurt. Mix the contents together to coat the apple slices.
- Spread the apple slices on top of the cake batter and pour out all of the syrup mix.
- Arrange the pecan halves on top of everything and sprinkle on the remaining 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for five minutes before cutting into squares and serving.