Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake recipe was given to me by a friend and I have made it many times. Its quick, easy and everyone loves it. I have also used it as a dessert served warm with cream. Yum.
- 2 large green apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- First melt butter and allow to cool.
- Core, peel and slice apples, mix with sugar and set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients, add pecans and mix well.
- Beat egg into the cooled melted butter.
- Add apple mixture and butter mixture to the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into an 8 inch cake tin and bake in a moderately hot oven 180`C (360`F) for 45 minutes.