Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious, rich comfort food. The recipe is from my friend's MIL
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 medium granny smith apples or 2 medium other tart apples, peeled,cored,and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- vanilla ice cream
- warm caramel sauce
- Grease crock pot.
- Put in bread cubes and apples.
- Mix lightly.
- In large bowl, stir together sugar and spices.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Blend in milk.
- Stir in liquor.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples.
- Pour edd mixture over bread.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-4 1/2 hours.
- Let stand, covered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.