Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Transform "left-over" cinnamon rolls into a yummy warm bread pudding. This recipe was published in the Southwest Parent magazine.
- 8 ounces day-old cinnamon rolls, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- maple syrup
- Coat an 8 or 9-inch cake pan with nonstick spray. Place the bread cubes in the pan and toss in the pecans and apples.
- Blend the eggs, milk and sugar (optional) in a medium bowl. Add vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
An absolutely gorgeous pud !! We don't really have cinnamon rolls here in Australia so I used white bread cubed and added lots of cinnamon along with the vanilla. I used 3 little green apples and skim milk. I served it with vanilla yoghurt. Made and enjoyed for ZWT 4.
I made this for my weekly 'Top Chef' viewing and it was extremely easy and delicious. I let the cubes soak for an extra 10 minutes with no bad effects. We also topped ours with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup, which put it over the top good ! I used a little bit more apple, probably closer to 2 cups, because they were huge apples. Thanks for posting - I'll be making this again !