Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ree Drummond of Pioneer Woman fame, this is so good.
- 12 ounces salad greens (spring Mix)
- 2 whole apples, Cored, Sliced Very Thin
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 6 ounces blue cheese, Cut Into Chunks
- 1 tablespoon heaping Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (more To Taste)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (more To Taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add greens, apple slices, pecan halves, dried cherries, and blue cheese chunks into a large salad bowl.
- In a small jar, mix Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake well to mix.
- Pour a little salad dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine. Taste salad and add more salad dressing to taste.
Great salad! I made a single serving for lunch today, but the full amount of dressing so I can make it again. The only thing I measured out were the dressing ingredients; I just sprinkled the salad ingredients over some green leaf lettuce. The dressing was not sweet, but mixed with the apples it was perfect. I used candied pecans I bought at Trader Joes but otherwise the ingredients listed. Will be making this again! Made for PRMR.
Good with potential, but for me, the dressing ingredients needed to be more specific! I toasted my pecans, used Braeburn apples, and Gorgonzola. Made for Fall Rookie Recipe Tag ~ due 09/20.
My kind of salad! Loved this salad -- it's hard not to since it has all the ingredients that I love. If you've never tried gorgonzola or blue cheese with fruit and greens, you are missing out on a wonderful experience. I was going to make this as a side salad, but decided to just have a salad fest for lunch and it was sooo delish! Made for PRMR, September, 2013.