Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Apple-Pear Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 10 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed (1-1/3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut in 12 wedges each
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut in 12 wedges each (do not peel)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl combine crushed shortbread cookies, flour, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pat mixture into bottom and up sides of 14x5x1-inch rectangular or 10-inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. In medium bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Add egg and 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping; beat until smooth. Spread mixture in bottom of baked crust. Bake 10 minutes more or until center appears set when pan is shaken. Cool on wire reck. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 3. In 12-inch skillet cook pears and apples in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender but still holding their shape, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and heat through. Spoon fruit mixture atop tart. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel topping. Pass any fruit that doesn't fit on top of tart. Makes 8 servings. Cook time includes: baking & cooking.