Chef Dudo's Note:
Applesauce can be bought at the store. Have never seen apple-pear sauce though. Found this on the net a long time ago. Have tried it several times and it always turns out great. When I make a cake I try (where possible) to substitute the fat (butter, margarine or oil) with equal amounts of apple sauce. Since I found this recipe I use the apple-pear sauce too in the substitution of fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice and core apples and pears (do not peel).
- 2Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and mix well.
- 3Cover and let simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, or until apples are soft and mushy, stir often.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool.
- 5Puree in a food processor.
- 6Pour sauce through a sieve to strain out any pieces of left peel.
- 7Apple-Pear sauce will last up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator or you can freeze it.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g