Recipe by Bev
Start your meal out right or serve as light alternative to lunch. Adapted from the March 2007 edition of Southern Living Magazine.
Top Review by susan dresser
My daughter made this for our Christmas dinner and it was fabulous! Sweet and tart, cruncy and just delicious~ the perfect accompaniment for our meal! We'll be making this one again.
- 16 ounces romaine lettuce, thoroughly washed
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, block, shaved
- 1 cup roasted cashews, salted
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with Lemon Poppyseed dressing (recipe follows).
- Divide to individual chilled salad plates to serve.
- Lemon Poppyseed Dressing:.
- Process 2/3 cup light olive oil and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week; serve at room temperature.