Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
very good salad, you don't have to use the dressing. I tried a raspberry vinaigrette with it and that is also scrumptious too! Note: do not refrigerate the dressing
For the Salad
- 1 head shredded romaine lettuce (approx 1 head)
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 apples, julienned
- 1 pear, julienned
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups minced onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Toss all ingredients for salad.
- combine sugar, lemon juice, minced onion, mustard, and salt in a blender.
- In a steady stream with the blender on low, add olive oil until thick and smooth.
- When finished add poppy seed.