Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using two of falls greatest fruits, this salad is a winner in my book. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 cup red apple, cubed and unpeeled
- 1 cup pear, cubed and unpeeled
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use lite) or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (I use lite)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (I use more)
- In a medium bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressings ingredients and blend well.
- Pour over fruit, tossing lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate to blend flavors.
We also enjoyed the honey/cinnamon combination in this dressing. I don't believe I've had either in a fruit salad before. When shopping, buy one apple and pear. This will get you close to the cup that is required of each fruit. This will go into my Encore Cookbook. Made for I RECOMMEND JULY ~ RED WHITE and BLUE SPECIAL
Very nice and flavorful salad! I enjoyed the honey/cinnamon dressing, but oddly enough a light sprinkle of salt was a perfect addition for me. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Mmm very yummy. The cinnamon and honey blend to make a tasty dressing that accents the fruit wonderfully. Made one change used plain fat free Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise other then that made as written. Thanks for the post.