Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home The Best Of Country Cooking 2005.
- 9 inches double crust pie crusts
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.