1/5 Photos of Apple-Pear Crumble Pie
I found this easy, delicious dessert in Kraft Food & Family magazine when searching for something to take to a Thanksgiving-themed potluck dinner. Everyone raved about it, and there was a lot of happiness that I had been out of pumpkin at the time, forcing me to look for something else! You can change the amount of fruit you add depending on the size of the fruit and the size of your crust- the original called for 2 apples, but I could only get 1 in my crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafer, crushed (about 24)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 ready-to-use pie crust (1/2 of 15 oz package)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 large baking apple, peeled, sliced
- 1 large pear, peeled, sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2Prepare a crumb mixture by combining vanilla wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and butter, and mixing well.
- 3Place pie crust on cookie sheet.
- 4Spread cream cheese across bottom of the crust-- watch out because the dough could tear a bit, so take your time.
- 5Cover cream cheese with half of the crumb mixture.
- 6Combine fruit, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- 7Spread fruit mixture into the pie and cover with the remaining crumb mixture.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes, when fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned.
- 9If necessary, you can cover loosely with foil to prevent crust from getting too well done after 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Pear Crumble Pie
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: