Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Apples and Pears make a delicious combination, especially when topped with a streusel mixture of oats, brown sugar and butter.
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- FILLING: Toss apples and pears with lemon juice and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well. Spoon into lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING: Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Delicious. Not too sweet and fruit still a little crisp. The 4 year old especially loved it!