1/1 Photo of Apple Pear Crisp (3 Ww Points)
1 hr 5 mins
Served this for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit. Warm soft fruit with a crispy crunchy topping. A perfect way to celebrate the best of fall's bounty in a comforting but enlightened dessert. The fruit should total about 3 pounds and you should feel free to use your favorite varieties of apples and pears. (Although the NI information presented here suggests 4 points, the recipe builder states 3 points.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 bartlet pears
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Prepare an 11 by 7 baking or casserole dish with a light coating of cooking spray.
- 3Squeeze the juice of a half lemon in to a large bowl and add water. This will help keep the peel fruit from browning while you are peeling and cutting.
- 4Peel and core the fruit. Slice into thinnish slices, suggestion is to cut the pears in eighths and the apples in tenths. As you are cutting place the fruit in the bowl of water and juice.
- 5Mix together the remaining ingredients for the fruit layer in a small bowl. Drain the fruit and pour in the prepared baking pan. Toss together with the sugar and spice mixture.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients, flour through cinnamon.
- 7Cut the butter into small cubes or slices into the bowl and mix with a fork breaking up the butter into small mini pea sized bits. (I find it easiest to do this by hand.) At the end, you will have a very fine crumb.
- 8Add in the two tablespoons of pear puree and mix, the size of the crumbs will grow now with additional moisture.
- 9Sprinkle the crumb coating across the top of the apples and pears.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes until th fruit is bubbly and the top is crisped and browned. Actual cooking time will vary according to the thinness f the slices. Check about 5 minutes before the stated cooking time.
- 11Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pear Crisp (3 Ww Points)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g