Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Made this dessert kugel for the first time last Passover. Found the recipe on the net and it was very well received. I used cooking pears and even though they take longer time to cook I like that better since they do not mush up too much. You can easily make half the recipe, I did, and then used a round baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Peel and core apples and pears, cut them in half.
- Put them in a pan with the cranberries and raisins.
- Add wine or water and cover.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the apples fall apart and the pears (if using cooking pears) are half soft).
- Mash the fruit into large chunks with a fork and add both sugars.
- Cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the cooled fruitmixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the top browns.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.