Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made this dessert kugel for the first time last Passover. Found the recipe on the net and it was very well received. I used cooking pears and even though they take longer time to cook I like that better since they do not mush up too much. You can easily make half the recipe, I did, and then used a round baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Peel and core apples and pears, cut them in half.
- Put them in a pan with the cranberries and raisins.
- Add wine or water and cover.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the apples fall apart and the pears (if using cooking pears) are half soft).
- Mash the fruit into large chunks with a fork and add both sugars.
- Cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the cooled fruitmixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the top browns.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.