Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe from Nutrition Action Health Letter. I haven't tried it yet, but am keeping it to try later.
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 10 gingersnap cookies, crushed into crumbs (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine apple pears, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine 2 Tbs brown sugar, cornstarch, apple cider and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the fruit, tossing to coat.
- Place the fruit mixture in a 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the ginger snap crumbs, flour, remaining brown sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon in a medium bowl. Pour in the butter and oil, stirring with a fork until the mixture is moistened and crumbly. Stir in oats and sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or til apples and pears are tender.