Recipe from Nutrition Action Health Letter. I haven't tried it yet, but am keeping it to try later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 10 gingersnap cookies, crushed into crumbs (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine apple pears, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- 3In small bowl, combine 2 Tbs brown sugar, cornstarch, apple cider and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the fruit, tossing to coat.
- 4Place the fruit mixture in a 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Combine the ginger snap crumbs, flour, remaining brown sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon in a medium bowl. Pour in the butter and oil, stirring with a fork until the mixture is moistened and crumbly. Stir in oats and sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- 6Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or til apples and pears are tender.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pear Cranberry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 57.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g