Recipe by auntchelle
I love fruit desserts and this is my favourite at the moment. Quick and guilt free too as it only contains fruit. Serve warm or cold. It doesn't really need anything else but I have topped with plain yoghurt in the past.
Top Review by Derf
A very delicious dessert!! I doubled the recipe and made it for two, but it ended up being enough for three,(we will fight over the last one tomorrow!!) We loved it and what a nice different way to use dates. Will definately be making this one again, would be a great company dessert! and looked lovely in martini glasses. Thanks for posting.
- 1 small apple, about 130g
- 1 small pear, about 180g
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 55 g seeded dried dates, coarsely chopped (about 8-9)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apple and pear. Dice into 2cm pieces.
- Place apple, pear and lemon juice in small saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat for about 10 mins or until fruit is soft.
- Meanwhile, combine dates, orange rind and juice in a small microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave, on high for 90 seconds, stirring twice during this time. Set aside to cool. (You could also cook this in a pan, on the stove, for about 5 mins or until liquid has been absorbed.).
- To serve place apple & pear mix in the bottom of the bowl and top with the dates.
- Top with finely shredded orange rind if desired.