Recipe by Mille®
Healthy, cheap, and delicious desert.
Top Review by Lea Evans
If your tastebuds are looking for dessert, but you are watching your sweets, look to this recipe for plenty of sweet, but not enough calories to matter! A great mixture of flavors, sweet and tart. AND it's easy, too! I add a little brown sugar to the syrup while its cooking for a little carmelization. Thanks Miller!
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled,pared and chopped
- 1 mcintosh apple, peeled,pared and chopped
- 10 ounces pears, pared and chopped
- frozen non-dairy whipped topping, , thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine wine, honey, vanilla and spices.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils.
- Add Granny Smith apple.
- Reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about ten minutes.
- Add McIntosh apples and pears.
- Cook until fruit is tender and liquid is mostly evaporated and syrupy.
- Top with whipped topping and serve.
- Truly delicious.