Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, cheap, and delicious desert.
Make and share this Apple Pear Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled,pared and chopped
- 1 mcintosh apple, peeled,pared and chopped
- 10 ounces pears, pared and chopped
- frozen non-dairy whipped topping, , thawed
- In large saucepan, combine wine, honey, vanilla and spices.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils.
- Add Granny Smith apple.
- Reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about ten minutes.
- Add McIntosh apples and pears.
- Cook until fruit is tender and liquid is mostly evaporated and syrupy.
- Top with whipped topping and serve.
- Truly delicious.
If your tastebuds are looking for dessert, but you are watching your sweets, look to this recipe for plenty of sweet, but not enough calories to matter! A great mixture of flavors, sweet and tart. AND it's easy, too! I add a little brown sugar to the syrup while its cooking for a little carmelization. Thanks Miller!
Miller, thank you for this delightful dessert, it is really delicious, and a great alternative to high calorie choices when I'm looking for something sweet.
Very nice! Although the sauce never thickened up, it just seemed to increase more and more as the fruit cooked. So I used a cornstarch slurry to thicken it a bit. I also added just a few chopped raisins and 1 1/2 packets of Truvia sweetener, in addition to the honey. We did not have the whipped topping, but I'm sure that would be good on it! I'll be making it again, with the changes. Thanks Miller!