Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for brunch or for Christmas morning!
Make and share this Apple-Pear Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 apples)
- 3⁄4 cup pear, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 pear)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix after each addition. Fold in apple and pear. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread the batter in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar, pecans, 2 tbsp butter, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Very good coffee I think the way the recipe was laid out could be improved. I used a Badford pear and pink lady apple. This was not as sweet as other coffee cake recipes I have made. This is a good thing. I will make again
Delish! I sure do feel guilty! YUMMO!
I did use 1 pear and 1 apple equaling 3 cups of diced fruit. I used Kefir cream for the sour cream. Used almond slices because that is what I needed to use up. I so do think the pecans would be so much better. Cut the brown sugar to half the amount and still was plenty sweet! Thanks SWEETIE! ;)