1/2 Photos of Apple-Pear Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Great for brunch or for Christmas morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups cooking apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 apples)
- 3/4 cup pear, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 pear)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix after each addition. Fold in apple and pear. Stir in vanilla.
- 3Spread the batter in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- 4Combine 1 cup brown sugar, pecans, 2 tbsp butter, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Pear Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g