Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I created this recipe wanting a cobbler, yet only having canned ingredients on hand. I kind of surprised myself by how well it came out! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into pieces and place in 8x8" pan.
- Place pan in preheated oven to melt butter.
- While butter melts, combine flour and sugar.
- Slowly add milk to flour mixture, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Drain pears from syrup, saving syrup.
- In another bowl, combine pears and apple filling.
- When butter is melted, removed pan with butter from oven; pour in batter; do not stir.
- Place apples and pears on top of batter; top evenly with saved pear syrup.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if using).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Bev,first I must say that my SO and I thought that this was very good.I followed the directions as written,but baking this in an 8x 8 inch pan I had to let it bake for about 15 more minutes. Even having to bake this for a little longer than stated ,it made a perfect ending to our Memorial Day Dinner.If I make this again,I will bake this in a 2 quart rectangle baking dish for the suggested baking time."Keep Smiling:)"
Hands down the best cobbler I've ever made! I followed the recipe with 1 exception - running short of milk, I topped off the 3/4 cup with 1/4 cup cinnamon vanilla flavored liquid coffee creamer. I also used the optional cinnamon sprinkled on top. It was darned easy to put together and the smell as it baked was so mouth watering I had trouble concentrating on my dinner. ;-) Thanks for sharing this stellar recipe!