Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The original recipe came from the bottom of the Kingsburg Orchards apple pear container. I made a few changes and it turned out great. I opted not to put any type of topping or frosting on it, didn't feel it needed any.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups Asian pears, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place white sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and stir by hand until well blended. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in apple pears.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 45 mins or until toothpick into the center comes out clean.