Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is THE BEST crock pot breakfast I've ever had! There is nothing better than treating the family to a delicious hot breakfast before sending them out into the chilly world.
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel, core and slice into 8ths the apples and pears.
- Put the prepared fruit into the crock pot.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid put the brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, apple cider, and spices.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake the jar vigorously until there are no more lumps.
- Pour over fruit and stir to coat.
- Dot the tops of apples and pears with 2 T of butter.
- Spread the granola evenly over the fruit.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Turn off crock pot, remove lid, and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with milk for breakfast or ice cream as a dessert.
- *We've had it with a bit of ice cream even for breakfast! :).
I had 10 people stay overnight, so I needed something to feed the masses that didn't require me slaving away in the kitchen in the morning. This was great! I had to prep the apples and pears before they came over, so i cut everything up and dumped the cider and lemon juice over it. Then, I froze it. The next evening, I dumped the frozen cube in the crock pot and went to bed. In the morning...deliciousness.
Fabulous, I was taking to a church brunch so I added a little more fruit (my crock pot wasn't big enough to double the fruit) I did double the apple cidar, spices and butter. Used the regular amount of sugar and just poured the granola cereal over the top. Served with Whipped topping. Great reviews from all attending the brunch.
This is a delicious cobbler! Make sure to spray down the inside well and you won't have to worry about it burning and sticking to the sides. Mine cooked on low for 9 hours. The fruit was so tender and the top was superb. I put the spices, sugar, flour, and cider in a large mixing bowl (didn't have a jar handy), mixed it up thoroughly with a fork until there were no clumps, and the coated the fruit in there. It was a little sweet so next time I might cut back on the brown sugar a little and put only the fruit in the crock pot withouth the remaining sugary coating. Will definately make again!!