Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is THE BEST crock pot breakfast I've ever had! There is nothing better than treating the family to a delicious hot breakfast before sending them out into the chilly world.
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel, core and slice into 8ths the apples and pears.
- Put the prepared fruit into the crock pot.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid put the brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, apple cider, and spices.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake the jar vigorously until there are no more lumps.
- Pour over fruit and stir to coat.
- Dot the tops of apples and pears with 2 T of butter.
- Spread the granola evenly over the fruit.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Turn off crock pot, remove lid, and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with milk for breakfast or ice cream as a dessert.
- *We've had it with a bit of ice cream even for breakfast! :).