Recipe by Heather'sKitchen
This is THE BEST crock pot breakfast I've ever had! There is nothing better than treating the family to a delicious hot breakfast before sending them out into the chilly world.
Top Review by cabohny
I had 10 people stay overnight, so I needed something to feed the masses that didn't require me slaving away in the kitchen in the morning. This was great! I had to prep the apples and pears before they came over, so i cut everything up and dumped the cider and lemon juice over it. Then, I froze it. The next evening, I dumped the frozen cube in the crock pot and went to bed. In the morning...deliciousness.
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups granola cereal (with or ithout raisins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel, core and slice into 8ths the apples and pears.
- Put the prepared fruit into the crock pot.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid put the brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, apple cider, and spices.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake the jar vigorously until there are no more lumps.
- Pour over fruit and stir to coat.
- Dot the tops of apples and pears with 2 T of butter.
- Spread the granola evenly over the fruit.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Turn off crock pot, remove lid, and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with milk for breakfast or ice cream as a dessert.
- *We've had it with a bit of ice cream even for breakfast! :).