I got this recipe off a whole foods market website. It is very light and refreshing. The recipe as written calls for organic fruits and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 2 bosc pears, cut into chunks
- 1 fuji apple, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 4 cups greens
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (to taste)
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1Ingredient option: You can substitute store-bought candied pecans and store bought vinegarette for a simpler prep.
- 2Preheat oven to 325.
- 3Spoon the sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Mix it up and set it aside. Place the egg white in a bowl and add the pecans tossing to coat completely. Place the pecans in the plastic bag with sugar and cinnamon. Shake the bag to coat all the pecans. Spread them on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool, breaking them up with a spatula.
- 4Meanwhile, toss the pears, apples, greens, onion slices and cheese in large serving bowl. Add the pecans when they have cooled.
- 5In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss into the salad and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Pear and Candied Pecan Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: