Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe off a whole foods market website. It is very light and refreshing. The recipe as written calls for organic fruits and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 2 bosc pears, cut into chunks
- 1 fuji apple, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 4 cups greens
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (to taste)
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Ingredient option: You can substitute store-bought candied pecans and store bought vinegarette for a simpler prep.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spoon the sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Mix it up and set it aside. Place the egg white in a bowl and add the pecans tossing to coat completely. Place the pecans in the plastic bag with sugar and cinnamon. Shake the bag to coat all the pecans. Spread them on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool, breaking them up with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, toss the pears, apples, greens, onion slices and cheese in large serving bowl. Add the pecans when they have cooled.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss into the salad and serve immediately.