Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really strange flavor combo that's pretty good.
- lettuce leaf
- 1 apple
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can Starkist tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, halves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 2 salad plates, covering each plate.
- With an apple corer or small, sharp knife, core the apple and cut it into quarters.
- Then cut each quarter into thin slices and arrange 1/2 of them on each plate.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the celery on each plate.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the tuna and 1/2 of the peanuts on each plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and enough apple juice to make a thin salad dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over each salad.
I don't think it's a strange flavor combo at all. It's terrific! Crunchy and a little sweet and salty. Loved the mayo/apple juice dressing! This makes a quick, light lunch. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this for guests. Thanx for sharing!