Recipe by nnreq
Yummy twist on the traditional apple cobbler. The best part is it can bake while you're at work or running ereands.
Top Review by Mom2Rose
We liked this recipe - I left it in for 5 1/2 hours and it started to burn on the edges though and the topping was a bit soggy. We still ate it with ice cream - good combo of flavors!
- 4 -5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apple slices in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix in butter and peanut butter with pastry blender or fork.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve warm; plain or with ice cream.