Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Yummy twist on the traditional apple cobbler. The best part is it can bake while you're at work or running ereands.
- 4 -5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Place apple slices in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix in butter and peanut butter with pastry blender or fork.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve warm; plain or with ice cream.
We liked this recipe - I left it in for 5 1/2 hours and it started to burn on the edges though and the topping was a bit soggy. We still ate it with ice cream - good combo of flavors!
We liked this, even though the topping was slightly soggy (it tasted good though). We used Pink Lady apples because we didn't have any cooking apples around, and also added a bit of cinnamon to the apples.
I love apple crisp and my husband loves peanut butter, so this was a perfect fit! He's already requested another batch. I didn't peel the apples, used old-fashioned oats, and cooked it on high for an hour and then medium for two hours. As a matter of personal preference, next time I'll increase the ratio of cinnamon to nutmeg. It was great topped with sour cream.