Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
My own low calorie/high protein take on the Hearty Apple Smoothie with peanut butter from Smoothie King. Perfect for breakfast or a afternoon snack for kids :) I always keep frozen fruit on hand, so this comes together very quickly.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese (I use fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (I use reduced sugar or calorie)
- 1 frozen jonathan apple, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (I use all natural)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1. Thaw banana and apple in microwave for 10-15 seconds (this makes the blending process easier).
- 2. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour into a glass and enjoy with a straw! Yum!