Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These spiced peanut butter cookies are great for fall gatherings. They're crisp on the outside and soft inside. From Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup apple, grated & peeled
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Very good flavor. My family loved these. Something different and they have requested these again. Thanks for the recipe.
These cookies are delicious! I love peanut butter and apples so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. These are very soft and moist. Do not overbake! I was a litte skeptical about the cinnamon, but the taste is great. I really don't taste much of the apple and I did use an entire apple in my food processor which yielded almost a cup. My dough was nut crumbly at all and I really think you need the chunky pb as the nuts give it nice texture as well as taste. I got 3 dozen cookies out of this.
These cookies taste great. But we can't taste the apple. I would add more apple maybe 1 cup. It would help also the dough that was crumbly. I used smooth peanut butter cause I didn't have chuncky. Thanks for posting this recipe :)