Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chilled Oatmeal Smoothie - this is a modified version of one found on theyummylife.com
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (Greek yogurt recommended)
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pb 2 powdered peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add oats and chia seeds to blender; blend on high until texture of flour. Add milk to blender; use spoon or spatula to stir in oats/chias from bottom. Add yogurt. Add applesauce, peanut butter (or PB2), & cinnamon. Blend on high until desired smoothness. Taste and add sweetener, if needed. Blend again. Transfer to pint (2 cup) jar or container; refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 4 hours, so oats & chias can soften. Will keep in refrigerator at least 2-3 days. Shake before drinking.
- IF TOO THICK after the fridge soak, add more juice or milk and shake jar/container or return to blender to combine.
- FOR A SMOOTHER CONSISTENCY, return to blender after the fridge soak and blend again.
- TO FREEZE: May be frozen after the 4 hour soak in the fridge. To thaw, move to fridge a day ahead so it is thawed for drinking the next day. For faster thaw, place frozen jar/container in bowl of cold water on the counter for 1-2 hours. Shake before drinking.