Chilled Oatmeal Smoothie - this is a modified version of one found on theyummylife.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add oats and chia seeds to blender; blend on high until texture of flour. Add milk to blender; use spoon or spatula to stir in oats/chias from bottom. Add yogurt. Add applesauce, peanut butter (or PB2), & cinnamon. Blend on high until desired smoothness. Taste and add sweetener, if needed. Blend again. Transfer to pint (2 cup) jar or container; refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 4 hours, so oats & chias can soften. Will keep in refrigerator at least 2-3 days. Shake before drinking.
- 2IF TOO THICK after the fridge soak, add more juice or milk and shake jar/container or return to blender to combine.
- 3FOR A SMOOTHER CONSISTENCY, return to blender after the fridge soak and blend again.
- 4TO FREEZE: May be frozen after the 4 hour soak in the fridge. To thaw, move to fridge a day ahead so it is thawed for drinking the next day. For faster thaw, place frozen jar/container in bowl of cold water on the counter for 1-2 hours. Shake before drinking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 100.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened almond milk
powdered peanut butter