Recipe by Tish
This is a get up and go in the morning cookie filled with good for you stuff when you don't have time to sit down. Also good for the little ones snack after school if peanuts are not a problem.
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
I made these this afternoon for the school week.. VERY GOOD! FYI: Don't eyeball ingredients - and measure carefully! Good flavor, nutty, sweet but not overly so and packed with energy!
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1 medium granny smith apple, finely grated, including juice
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine shortening, Peanut Butter and sugars in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Beat until blended.
- Stir in oats, raisins, apple, carrot and coconut.
- Drop by measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until just brown around edges.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.