Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (400 g) can apple pie filling (SPC Baker's Choice)
- 1 (415 g) can peach slices in syrup, drained
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons caster sugar
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- double cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C Combine the apple, peach and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl. Spray four 185ml (3/4-cup) capacity ramekins or ovenproof dishes with olive oil spray to lightly grease.
- Divide the apple mixture evenly among the prepared ramekins.
- Use a 9cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from the pastry. Place a pastry disc on top of each ramekin and gently press the edges to seal. Use a fork to prick the pastry of each pie. Brush the pies with egg and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Place the pies on a baking tray and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve the pies immediately with cream.
I made this as one pie & used my electric piemaker. The combination of apple & peach was a lovely change. Served with icecream. Thanks Sonya for sharing this nice dessert. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap May 2008