Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes an easy, delicious, and elegant breakfast dish. Experiment with your choice of fruit.
Make and share this Apple / Peach Breakfast Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 apples or 3 peaches, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- sour cream, for garnish
- syrup, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter and combine with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and fruit.
- Arrange the fruit in a round cake pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture and pour over the fruit.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- Invert and serve with sour cream and syrup.
I can't believe this recipe uses thirteen teaspoons (4T plus 1tsp) baking powder. I took the other reviewer's comment to heart and used my springform pan. It seemed to be the only round pan I own that was large enough. Big mistake, I ended up with butter all over the bottom of my newly cleaned oven. So don't do that. I've no idea how much baking powder should be used, I just know it's not 4T.
Delicious and simple, but next time i would grease the cake pan, because it was a little difficult to get the baked product out of it in one piece