These pancakes are a novel way of using your surplus cooking apples. Get the best pork sausages you can find BUT don't be tempted to prick them while cooking or you will lose the lovely juices!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a griddle pan over a medium heat until very hot.
- 2Add the sausages and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and lightly charred.
- 3Meanwhile to make the pancakes heat a large pan.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a bowl.
- 5In a separate bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together 15g / ½ oz of the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs, adding a little flour to stop the mixture from curdling, then fold in the rest of the flour mixture and stir in the chopped apple.
- 7Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth after each addition until you have a batter.
- 8Add a little of the oil and remaining butter to the preheated pan, once melted ladle in spoonfuls of the pancake batter, allowing them to spread out max 3 inches diameter.
- 9Reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- 10Turn pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden, making 12 pancakes.
- 11Arrange three pancakes on each plate and serve with the sausages.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pancakes With Pork Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.9
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 218.1 mg
- Sodium 876.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g