Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes are a novel way of using your surplus cooking apples. Get the best pork sausages you can find BUT don't be tempted to prick them while cooking or you will lose the lovely juices!
- Preheat a griddle pan over a medium heat until very hot.
- Add the sausages and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile to make the pancakes heat a large pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together 15g / ½ oz of the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, adding a little flour to stop the mixture from curdling, then fold in the rest of the flour mixture and stir in the chopped apple.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth after each addition until you have a batter.
- Add a little of the oil and remaining butter to the preheated pan, once melted ladle in spoonfuls of the pancake batter, allowing them to spread out max 3 inches diameter.
- Reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden, making 12 pancakes.
- Arrange three pancakes on each plate and serve with the sausages.