1/1 Photo of Apple Pancakes with Lemon Spiced Butter
A delicious way to serve pancakes. The slices of apple in the pancakes makes the dish quite pretty. The recipe is designed to make about 10 small pancakes about 3" across. From the magazine 'Australian Good Taste'.
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored and thinly sliced (use an apple that is sweet rather than tart)
FOR THE SPICED LEMON BUTTER
- 1FOR THE PANCAKES.
- 2Sift the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- 3Whisk the buttermilk and egg together in a jug.
- 4Gradually pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour whisking well to make a smooth batter.
- 5Grease a non-stick pan with some of the butter and heat until the butter is foaming.
- 6Gently pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and top batter with apple slices.
- 7Depending on the size of your pan you can cook two or three at a time.
- 8Cook pancakes for about 1 minute, bubbles will appear on the top and the bottom should be golden.
- 9Turn the pancake and cook for a further minute or two until the second side is golden.
- 10Repeat with remaining batter and apple slices, greasing pan before each batch.
- 11FOR THE SPICED LEMON BUTTER.
- 12Combine all the ingrediants in a small bowl and mix together well.
- 13TO SERVE.
- 14Arrange 2 or 3 warm pancakes in a stack, top with the flavoured butter and fresh berries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pancakes with Lemon Spiced Butter
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 137.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: