Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tart apples, peeled,cored,sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- mint leaf
- Combine the flour, egg substitute, 1 cup yogurt, baking powder, orange juice, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup into a batter.
- If you like thinner pancakes, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water at this point.
- Let rest for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the sliced apples with 1 tablespoon water until the slices are tender and caramelized.
- Combine the remaining yogurt and maple syrup with the cinnamon.
- Using a nonstick omelette pan, make thin crepes by pouring 3 tablespoons of the batter into the preheated pan and rolling it around to uniformly cover the surface of the pan.
- Cook over medium heat about 1 minute, flip with a spatula and cook the other side for about 10 seconds.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- For each serving, roll each of two crepes around 2 tablespoons of the apples.
- Garnish with a dollop of flavored yogurt and a mint leaf.
We had these for breakfast today and they were totally yummy - I used one egg as I am unsure what egg substitute is and made my batter thicker rather than thinner - so all round success , thank you.