Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I will be using Quick Mix to make these. I might even add raisins or craisins with the pancake. Thank you to Chef#537937 and Chef#452940 for helping me get this recipe right.
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml unsweetened apple cider or 118.29 ml juice
- 22.18 ml butter
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 473.18 ml biscuit mix
- 14.79 ml biscuit mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 295.73 ml milk
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded
- 14.79 ml lemon peel, grated
- To make syrup: in a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- For pancakes: Preheat grill.
- Place biscuit mix in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened.
- Stir in apple and lemon peel.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve apple syrup with pancakes.
Loved these tasty flavorful pancakes. I used red delicious apples, and some apple cider I picked up at the apple orchard down the road. Especially loved the syrup..Made for Zaar`Stars..
Okay... so I wanted to chop my apples to make it chunkier and the batter was super runny. So runny that I had to throw the first few pancakes out. I added 1/2 cup more bisquick and they were much better, but not super fluffy. I am giving this 5 stars because the syrup was amazing and I think this recipe probably is great, I just had to go and do things my way. Everything was very tasty though, and my hubby loved them. ZWT6
This recipe made it into our Book #242923! 10/13/09 - Very appley! For the syrup, I subbed apple cider for the juice. Otherwise made as directed for everything else. I used 2 cups of Bisquick & 1 1/4 cups 2% milk. While the batter (before cooking) is thin like crepe batter, the pancakes fluff up nicely after turning. They are very thick & hearty (dense in a good way), and also have a delightful creaminess to them. I noticed that there was no sugar called for in the batter, but kept true to the recipe and it was perfect. We got 8 medium-sized pancakes that we really enjoyed a lot. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper. :)