Top Review by weekend cooker
Loved these tasty flavorful pancakes. I used red delicious apples, and some apple cider I picked up at the apple orchard down the road. Especially loved the syrup..Made for Zaar`Stars..
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml unsweetened apple cider or 118.29 ml juice
- 22.18 ml butter
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 473.18 ml biscuit mix
- 14.79 ml biscuit mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 295.73 ml milk
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded
- 14.79 ml lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- To make syrup: in a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- For pancakes: Preheat grill.
- Place biscuit mix in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened.
- Stir in apple and lemon peel.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve apple syrup with pancakes.