Top Review by weekend cooker
Loved these tasty flavorful pancakes. I used red delicious apples, and some apple cider I picked up at the apple orchard down the road. Especially loved the syrup..Made for Zaar`Stars..
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple cider or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon biscuit mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- To make syrup: in a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- For pancakes: Preheat grill.
- Place biscuit mix in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened.
- Stir in apple and lemon peel.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve apple syrup with pancakes.