Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 apple, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Separate eggs and add sour cream, apple, flour, baking powder and cinnamon to the yolks, stirring well.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form, and fold into yolk mixture.
- Cook on hot, lightly greased griddle until golden brown.
- Delicious served with a dollop of sour cream and maple syrup.
There is no way this serves 12 Waht is the correct amount of flour??? anyone??? [Editor note: flour updated from 3 tablespoons to 3 cups 1/11/2001]
We had to add 1/2 cup of milk to get the batter to the right consistency, not bad though. A great recipe with a little tweaking.
I find it hard to believe that 3 cups is the right amount of flour, either! It was like a big ball of dough - it made a not-so-bad fritter.