Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found on Taste.com.au to post here for Australia's leg of ZWT.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
These are excellent!! I love the grated apple with the cinnamon. The pancakes turned out fluffy and moist and oh-so-delicious. My daughter loves kiwis, so that was an added bonus to these pancakes. These are really very simple to make and would be great to serve to overnight guests. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, grated
- canola oil cooking spray
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 scoops low-fat frozen yoghurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add egg and milk. Whisk until smooth. Stir in apples.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat. Spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of apple mixture into pan. Gently spread out with the back of a spoon to a 10cm round. Cook pancakes, in batches, for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with kiwifruit and frozen yoghurt.