This recipe is from my Penzeys catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Divide the butter evenly between two 9" pie plates and put them in the oven to melt the butter. Rotate the pie plates until the butter coats the bottom and the sides.
- 3To make dividing the ingredients between the two plates easier, you may use a 4-cup measuring cup as the mixing bowl.
- 4Beat eggs, vanilla extract, flour, milk, and salt.
- 5Toss the sliced apples with 2 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar. Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in each pan so they cover the bottom in as close to a single layer as possible.
- 6Pour 1/2 the egg mixture in each pan over the apple slices.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar over each pan.
- 8Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Serve right away while they are still puffy with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.4 mg
- Sodium 466.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g