Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my Penzeys catalog.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Divide the butter evenly between two 9" pie plates and put them in the oven to melt the butter. Rotate the pie plates until the butter coats the bottom and the sides.
- To make dividing the ingredients between the two plates easier, you may use a 4-cup measuring cup as the mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, vanilla extract, flour, milk, and salt.
- Toss the sliced apples with 2 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar. Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in each pan so they cover the bottom in as close to a single layer as possible.
- Pour 1/2 the egg mixture in each pan over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar over each pan.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Serve right away while they are still puffy with maple syrup.