1/1 Photo of Apple Pancakes
Sue Lau's Note:
Great taste of Autumn- perfect for lazy weekend breakfasts. Makes 20-21 pancakes. Recipe has been updated 09-25-04 to include an apple topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup apple cider (juice ok)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium mcintosh apples, cored and grated
- vegetable oil
- additional butter (optional)
- lemon juice (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 2Add the sour cream, apple juice, honey, melted butter, and eggs; stir until smooth (the batter will be very thick; allow batter to rest for 1/2 hour to an hour).
- 3To prepare apple topping, peel and core apples; slice thinly or chop small.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet and add apples, cooking until tender and turning into sauce.
- 5Add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste. Set topping aside while finishing pancakes.
- 6Back to the pancakes- stir the grated apples into the pancake batter.
- 7Heat a small amount of oil on a griddle on medium-high heat; drop batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot greased griddle; do not crowd.
- 8Turn pancakes with a spatula when lightly browned on the underside and continue cooking until pancake is done.
- 9Remove from heat, and keep pancakes warm while finishing batch.
- 10Repeat with remaining batter.
- 11Serve pancakes topped with apple topping and powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.9
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 526.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g