Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
TOH; kid favorite
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in the center.
- Stir together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side.
Apple Pancakes are a favorite of mine and I just enjoyed the most delightful pancake supper! My husband is out of town for the week and I thought pancakes would be a wonderful change of pace. Excellent recipe, NurseDi! Light and fluffy! I served with real butter and real Canadian Maple Syrup. Delicious!!
We enjoyed these pancakes topped with butter & maple syrup. I think I will try adding some cinnamon next time.
It has been so cold outside and on weekends, I go to a little extra effort to make a hearty, filling breakfast that is appetizing, too. My whole family loved these pancakes and asked when we could have them again (that is always encouraging). I made a sauce out of apple cider and cinnamon that was a good topping. Thanks Nurse Di.