Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add milk, oil and dry ingredients to eggs and mix well.
- Fold in apples.
- Preheat lightly coated griddle or skillet over medium heat ( I use Pam or small amount of vegetable oil) -- Test by adding a few drops of water on hot pan -- When the drops start to "dance" on the griddle it is time to cook.
- For each pancake pour about a 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle and Cook on first side until bubbles that form begin to pop and edges look dry.
- With a spatula, turn and cook until second side is rich golden brown.
I did these without the syrup and with fuji's, too. Very good, maybe a little heavy.
This was a really good pancake recipe. It wasn't too difficult to make, and they tasted delicious. Thanks Barbara!
I loved this recipe. It was good even without syrup! This recipe reminds me of something they would serve at a bed and breakfast. I used Fuji apples and it gave the pancakes a bit more sweetness.