Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great if you want something different than your traditional pancake. The recipe comes from my boyfriends mom who turned it into a favorite for everyone.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream of wheat
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add egg, milk, margarine and apple.
- Let stand while heating greased griddle on medium to medium high heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Turn when bubbles form on top.
I really like the cream of wheat in these pancakes -- just gives it that extra awesome texture. I used quite a bit more cinnamon than called for, maybe 1 1/2 tsp, but that's because I just love the combination of cinnamon and apple. And I used canola oil instead of margarine (personal preference). These were very good with blueberry preserves. Thank you for posting, this one is a keeper.