Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fantastic pancake-style apple recipe that is baked in a baking dish.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use more for a sweeter batter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter in the baking pan inside the oven.
- Arrange the apple slices evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Remove apples from oven, and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a blender, combine all pancake ingredients, and pour over apples.
- Return to oven, and bake about 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, and serve.
Very good, though heavy on the butter. Also, there is a typo in the recipe as it reads "2 tablespoons cups of butter". Not sure what that's supposed to mean.