Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe from a former co-worker. This is even better served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spread pie filling in bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda& salt; sprinkle over pie filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, oil& 1/2 cup of the walnuts; mix well.
- Pour over ingredients in pan; stir only until blended,& smooth batter evenly.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- While cake is baking, combine topping ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil; remove from heat.
- When cake is done, remove from oven& immediately prick with a fork all over.
- Pour hot topping over hot cake, sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Serve warm.
Although this was easy to make, I just didn't think it was anything special.
I thought this was very good. I did not make the topping because I did not have the sour cream. For that reason, I added about 1/3 cup more sugar to the cake. I also found it cooked in about 20 minutes as opposed to the stated 40-45. It makes a big moist cake. Thanks for the post.
Delicious cake! This was so moist and rich. I just made it and served it warm and my bh loves this cake too. I added more walnuts because we love them. The icing takes a while to make due to all off the stirring before it finally comes to a boil but it is worth it. It really is an easy cake to make though. This is a keeper. Thank you very much for posting it.