Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is like an upside down pancake that puffs up when its done.
Make and share this Apple Oven Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in pie plate in oven; brush on sides of pie plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp brown sugar and cinnamon over butter.
- Arrange apple over sugar in counterclockwise direction.
- Beat eggs slightly in med bowl with whisk or beater.
- Beat in remaining ingredients just until mixed.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffy and deep golden brown.
- IMMEDIATELY loosen edge of pancake and turn upside down onto plate.
We loved this! My boys loved watching it puff up in the oven. I added a teaspoon or two of ground flax seed before pouring the batter on top and also used more cinnamon. Had to add a tablespoon or so more flour too. We got a nice crust on bottom and next time, just to make it more gooey I may add more brown sugar. We dusted with powdered sugar before slicing and it was a hit! Thanks very much for such a simple and delicious breakfast!
I just made this for my men! They loved it and so did I. I added vanilla and a little more flour and a little more cinnamon, personal preference. It was delicious. I am at high altitude and thus the addition of flour. I also cooked a little longer. I slid it off the pie pan after loosening right on to a flat plate. Looks very appealing!