Recipe by Mariemeow77
This is like an upside down pancake that puffs up when its done.
Top Review by ellisonclan5
We loved this! My boys loved watching it puff up in the oven. I added a teaspoon or two of ground flax seed before pouring the batter on top and also used more cinnamon. Had to add a tablespoon or so more flour too. We got a nice crust on bottom and next time, just to make it more gooey I may add more brown sugar. We dusted with powdered sugar before slicing and it was a hit! Thanks very much for such a simple and delicious breakfast!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple (1 cup thin sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in pie plate in oven; brush on sides of pie plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp brown sugar and cinnamon over butter.
- Arrange apple over sugar in counterclockwise direction.
- Beat eggs slightly in med bowl with whisk or beater.
- Beat in remaining ingredients just until mixed.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffy and deep golden brown.
- IMMEDIATELY loosen edge of pancake and turn upside down onto plate.