Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is like an upside down pancake that puffs up when its done.
Make and share this Apple Oven Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple (1 cup thin sliced)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in pie plate in oven; brush on sides of pie plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp brown sugar and cinnamon over butter.
- Arrange apple over sugar in counterclockwise direction.
- Beat eggs slightly in med bowl with whisk or beater.
- Beat in remaining ingredients just until mixed.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffy and deep golden brown.
- IMMEDIATELY loosen edge of pancake and turn upside down onto plate.
We loved this! My boys loved watching it puff up in the oven. I added a teaspoon or two of ground flax seed before pouring the batter on top and also used more cinnamon. Had to add a tablespoon or so more flour too. We got a nice crust on bottom and next time, just to make it more gooey I may add more brown sugar. We dusted with powdered sugar before slicing and it was a hit! Thanks very much for such a simple and delicious breakfast!
I just made this for my men! They loved it and so did I. I added vanilla and a little more flour and a little more cinnamon, personal preference. It was delicious. I am at high altitude and thus the addition of flour. I also cooked a little longer. I slid it off the pie pan after loosening right on to a flat plate. Looks very appealing!