Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup Red Delicious apple, chopped
- In a large saucepan, mix together the green beans, carrots, onions, water, sugar, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the apple juice to a small mixing bowl; blend in the cornstarch by stirring until dissolved.
- Add to vegetables.
- Stir and add in apples.
- Continue to simmer on low heat for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
I made this recipe for me cause I was sure I would like it. But it didn't turn out that way. I followed the recipe and the sauce didn't thicken. And I let it boil longer. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game