Another delicious Hannah Swensen recipe direct from The Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minnesota.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 beaten eggs (you can beat them up with a fork)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- 2 medium apples (peeled and chopped needs to equal 1 cup)
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups flour (not sifted)
- 1Melt butter, add the sugars, and stir. Add baking soda, salt, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and beaten eggs. Mix well. Then add the oats, chopped apple and 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut. (Reserve 1/2 cup of flaked coconut for on top.) Add the flour and mix it all throughly.
- 2Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan. Spoon the dough in and smooth it with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup coconut you reserved evenly on top.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
- 4Let cool and cut into bars like brownies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Orchard Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4012.0
- Calories from Fat 1388
- Total Fat 154.2 g
- Saturated Fat 107.1 g
- Cholesterol 616.0 mg
- Sodium 3483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 629.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.1 g
- Sugars 416.0 g
- Protein 44.8 g