Recipe courtesy of Abingdon Manor Inn & Restaurant. These are the words from Inn Quisine website: Although it's hard to imagine how a recipe of so few ingredients could produce a salad so pleasing, rest assured the honey-garlic dressing sends this salad soaring to new heights." I agree.
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml oil (may use olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- bibb lettuce, red and green lettuce, chopped (use all or any combination)
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- walnuts, pecans (optional) or almonds, chopped and toasted (optional)
- Mix the oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar (with lid) and shake before serving.
- Tear or cut lettuce(s) into bite-size pieces and mix with apples and oranges. Add the toasted nuts if desired and toss all with dressing. Serve immediately.