1/2 Photos of Apple-Orange Cranberry Sauce
A Williams-Sonoma favorite!! A little bit of extra work, but very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze the juice from the orange and set the juice aside. Remove and discard the membrane from inside the orange rind and cut the rind into small dice.
- 2In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the rind and the water and bring to a boil.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- 4Peel, core and quarter the apple. Cut into 1/2-inch dice and place in a saucepan. Sort the cranberries, discarding any soft ones.
- 5Add to the apples along with the orange juice, orange rind, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- 6Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan partially. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, the apple is tender and the cranberries have burst, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Transfer the cranberry sauce to a heatproof bowl and let cool for 1 hour before serving. Or cover and refrigerate; bring to room temperature before serving. Transfer the cranberry sauce to a sauce boat and pass at the table.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Orange Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 81.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g